As I mentioned in my May Favourites post, my skin has really been behaving itself recently and I have put this down to my new(ish) skin care routine.
As you can see it is a mixed bag of products, but I have found that these all work for my skin. I have Normal to combination skin. I get the odd oily patch around my forehead and nose, and I often suffer from hormonal breakouts, but these have been less and less since forming this little routine.
So here is my morning routine, step by step,
1) I was my face with the Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean 3 in 1 wash-off Deep Purifying Cleanser. This, like all the other Soap & Glory Products in my routine smells divine! They make me want to eat them they smell that good! A lovely peachy, fruity smell, its delicious.
1a) Every couple of day’s instead of the cleanser I have started using the S&G Scrubatomic Amazing Daily Face Polish, again smells so nice and leaves my face feeling so smooth.
2) I then spray my face with two products, both french and both featured in my May Fav’s post. The Serozinc spray and the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. These have definitely brightened up my skin and made a massive difference to my spot situation. I would definitely recommend trying these products, however you may have to hunt high and low to find the Serozinc spray in the UK. I wait for these to sink into my skin, maybe give it a bit of press on my face and then go onto serum.
3) Having never delved into the world of serums before (very daunting indeed!) I decided to go with a fairly well-known brand. Nivea. I went for there new Cellular Anti-Age Concentrated Skin-Refining Serum. As I am approaching 30, I thought I might as well start my serum journey with some Anti-Age technology. This is really lovely, but I suppose only time will tell if it stops the ageing process on my skin! I am eyeing up the Estee Lauder Night Recovery Serum and saving up my boots points to purchase this soon!
4) Once I have applied my serum, I apply my moisturiser. Soap & Glory of course. This is their Daily Youth 6-in-1 Multi-Active Moisture Lotion. Again, this smells like peaches and is quite thin and light in texture. At the moment, due to the nice weather approaching (I hope), I have been adding the Clarins Radiance-Plus Glow Booster, just a couple of drops and it gives a lovely healthy glow.
5) Finally, is the eye cream. Again, I never really used an eye cream. I know that’s bad, and still I forget to use it every day. I purchased a few but found they were too heavy and made my eye area quite sore, so I decided to try the Vitamin E range from The Body Shop. This is lovely and light and hasn’t given me any problems at all. I vow to keep using this and not forget to apply it on a regular basis!
So that was my morning skincare routine. I am glad that I have some sort of routine going on and will keep persevering with it, as my skin hasn’t looked this good since my pre-teens!
What is your Holy Grail morning skincare product?